Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

Hello, friends and Happy New Year!

I am on extended vacation until my retirement is official at the end of the month. I will teach accounting as an adjunct at Austin Community College, and will also work during tax season at a local CPA firm. But, it's not the same as working a full time job, so I hope to have more time to make soap.

The economy has made it a tad scary to move ahead with my plans to retire, but it was the right thing to do for my family and for myself. I am looking forward to having more time to spend with my husband, sons and sisters, and some very special friends that are an important part of my life.

I also have a few knitting projects on the boards and am thinking about adding a few other knit accessories to the website to keep the washcloths company...we'll see. It's pretty warm in Austin, but every now and then a knitted hat or scarf come in handy.

First on my list of soap experiments is salt bars. I hope to have that going next week. Stay tuned for results.

No comments: